Last updated on 12 May 2017
Background and scope
HIMSS is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects and receives. We are required to comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act).
This policy explains how HIMSS collects, uses, discloses and otherwise handles personal information relating to individuals, whether or not they are members. It also explains how you can ask to access and correct the personal information we hold about you or complain about any suspected privacy breach. Nothing in this policy limits any of our other obligations at law.
Collection of personal information
HIMSS is required to collect personal information only by lawful and fair means. Where possible we will collect personal information we require directly from you.
Personal information we hold may include your name, current and previous addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, details of your services and information we require to perform our services for you.
Personal information entered into the HIMSS database will not be used or disclosed by us, except as authorised by you to perform our services for you. Access to this information to third parties can only be granted by you.
Should you choose not to provide personal information we may not be able to provide you with the services you require at a sufficient level that we regard as important for performing at best practice.
We may collect personal information:
- from the information supplied by you to HIMSS
- in conversation and communication with you and your employees
- from third parties including employees, related companies or your representatives
- from publicly available sources of information
- when we are required to do so by law
- from our own records of your membership with HIMSS
Where HIMSS collects your personal information, HIMSS will take reasonable steps to notify you of:
- the purposes for which we are collecting the information
- the third parties to whom we may disclose the information of that kind
- whether any of those third parties are located overseas and, if practicable to specify, the countries in which they are located
- how to access and correct personal information and make privacy complaints
HIMSS will only collect sensitive information where it is reasonably necessary for our core functions or activities. For example, we may collect:
- information about your membership of other professional associations for which we have reciprocal arrangements (such as CIPD)
- information about dietary requirements for events and conferences
HIMSS will enable you to access our website and make general telephone enquiries without having to identify yourself. HIMSS also enables you to respond to our surveys anonymously.
Cookies through the Healthcare IT News Australia website
Most internet browsers are set to accept cookies. If you prefer not to receive them, you can adjust your internet browser to reject cookies. Rejecting cookies can, however, limit the functionality of our website. There are a range of websites that provide tips on how to disable cookies. Here is an example. However please note that HIMSS does not endorse the content of external websites. You are advised to refer to them at your discretion.
HIMSS has enabled the Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting functionality available through Google Analytics. HIMSS and our associates use first-party cookies (Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (the DoubleClick cookie) to collect information. If you would like to opt-out of the collection of cookies then follow the instructions above (in the ‘Cookies through the Healthcare IT News website’ section). This will instruct you on how to reject cookies. You can also find out more from Google.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be used by us or our associates to:
- provide products and services to you
- collect payments and to administer your account
- provide you with updated or new information about our products and services
- for development of existing and new products and services
- maintain and update our business infrastructure and systems
- promote our other products and services to you
In providing our products and services, or collecting and using your personal information, your personal information may be disclosed to third party organisations including:
- information technology service providers
- conference organisers
- marketing and communications agencies
- mailing houses, freight and courier services
- printers and distributors of direct marketing material
- our legal, accounting, financial or other professional advisors
- regulatory, government and other authorities as required by law
- our partners and sponsors to enable them to provide information about their products and services
By providing us with your contact details, your consent to receive communications and direct marketing will remain current until you advise us otherwise. However, you can opt out at any time through the following channels:
By mail – HIMSS Asia Pacific Office, 3 Killiney Road, #04-01 Winsland House I, Singapore 239519
By telephone – +65 6664 1100
use the unsubscribe facility that we include in our emails
Unsolicited personal information is personal information we receive that we have taken no active steps to collect. If the information we receive is not required for HIMSS to perform one or more of our services or activities, HIMSS will destroy or de-identify the information as soon as practicable.
Quality of personal information
HIMSS takes reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
Security of personal information
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
HIMSS is not responsible for the privacy or security of third party websites that you access via links on the Healthcare IT News Australia website.
Access to personal information
You are able to access your personal information that we hold, with some exceptions as allowed by law. To obtain a copy of your personal information, write to the HIMSS requesting the information and we will provide it to you. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the provision of this information. If we refuse your request, or if we refuse to give you access in the manner you requested, HIMSS’ policy is to provide you with written confirmation of the reasons for our refusal and the available complaint process.
If you have a complaint about how HIMSS has collected, stored or used your personal information, please contact HIMSS. We will endeavour to deal with your complaint and take any steps necessary to resolve the matter within 5 business days.
If your complaint is unable to be resolved within 5 business days, HIMSS will advise you in writing including letting you know when we expect to provide our response.
If you are unhappy with our response, you can refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Please contact HIMSS if you have any queries about the personal information that HIMSS holds about you or the way we use or disclose that personal information. Our contact details are set out below.
HIMSS Asia Pacific Office
3 Killiney Road
#04-01 Winsland House I
Tel: +65 6664 1100
Fax: +65 6836 7728