Healthcare systems and providers – with notable exceptions - have been notoriously slow to adopt new digital technologies and innovations and to push forward on the road to digital maturity. All that changed almost overnight with the global COVID-19 pandemic - resistance to online healthcare receded, attitudes shifted, regulations were temporarily relaxed and the result was years of digital transformation happened in a matter of weeks or days.
The adoption of digital health services in Australia has been dramatically accelerated by the COVID-19 pandemic – and in ways that nobody could have imagined: the key question, as for countries around the world, is how to maintain the momentum, build future resilience and drive the opportunity for innovation in new digitally-enabled models of care.
Titled Acceleration of Digital Health: An overview of Australia’s Digital Health landscape, this HIMSS eBook provides readers a broad overview of the country’s digital health developments and features highlights from the nine-episode HIMSS Australia Digital Dialogue Series.
Episode 1: Western Australia
Episode 2: Queensland
Episode 3: Victoria
Episode 4: South Australia
Episode 5: Northern Territory
Episode 6: Australian Capital Territory
Episode 7: New South Wales
Episode 8: National Round Tables Part 1
Episode 9: National Round Tables Part 2
You can download the eBook here for insights on:
- How various States in Australia responded to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Case studies on how technology has transformed healthcare delivery in the country
- Perspectives from healthcare leaders on Australia’s ongoing digital health journey
- Lessons and challenges learnt from the pandemic to help health systems prepare for the future
- Telemedicine’s rapid growth in Australia and its associated challenges